Thank you for your interest in joining the TFAS team! This position has been filled. Please visit TFAS.org/careers for our current openings.
About the Role
The Alumni Engagement Coordinator will focus on coordinating and developing a variety of programs for alumni to stay connected to each other and TFAS. Alumni engagement programs will include a variety of volunteer opportunities and networking events. This position is based in Washington, D.C., and will require some domestic travel.
- Manage all Alumni Volunteer Programs, including opportunities to serve as mentors, speakers and discussion leaders. Recruit and track volunteers.
- Facilitate the TFAS Mentor Program for undergraduate and law students, including volunteer recruitment, mentor matching and events. Plan and develop expansion programs for other alumni audiences.
- Oversee the alumni roundtable annual events for student and alumni, including securing speakers and event logistics.
- Plan alumni networking events in Washington, D.C., on a bi-monthly basis.
- Work with program staff to plan alumni events by industry (journalism, law, etc.) twice a year.
- Oversee the undergraduate Leadership Scholars summer program and related alumni events.
- Develop regional alumni events and support alumni chapters.
- Oversee new alumni welcome materials, data and outreach.
- Work with recruitment staff to implement the Alumni Ambassadors recruitment program.
- Plan student program events, seminars and conferences as needed.
- Collaborate with other alumni team members on the Alumni Council, continuing academic education and fundraising.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience in higher education, program management, marketing or other related fields (internships may be considered experience)
- Strong communication, organizational and office skills
- An interest in alumni and student programming with an emphasis on free-market education
- A willingness to work in a team environment and independently
- TFAS program experience is preferred, but not required
The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) is a nonprofit organization that offers transformational programs that teach the principles of limited government, free-market economics and honorable leadership to students and young professionals in America and around the world. TFAS programs inspire these future leaders to make a difference in their communities and throughout the world by upholding the values essential to the preservation and success of a free society. For more information, please visit our websites: www.TFAS.org; www.TFASinternational.org; www.DCinternships.org; www.FTE.org.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in one PDF document to Ms. Shane Mazzella, Vice President of U.S. Programs, at smazzella@TFAS.org.