Thank you for your interest in joining the TFAS team! Below are our current openings.
TFAS high school division, the Foundation for Teaching Economics (FTE), is looking to add an experienced team member to support the FTE’s mission of providing professional development and educational programs to high school teachers and students nationwide. The coordinator, operations + teacher programs will assist with the overall execution of a variety of teacher programs, as well as assist with fundraising/development support and other office duties. This position is full-time, approximately 40 hours per week. The coordinator, operations + teacher programs will work under the supervision of the director, operations + teacher programs. Some prior experience with CRM (customer relationship management) software and/or program/office support is helpful.
- Teacher Programs Coordination + Support
- Registration and Database Management – review/track teacher applications within Radius CRM platform to ensure appropriate enrollments for teacher programs, while adhering to admissions guidelines for teacher applicants to virtual programs. Oversee communications with applicants about enrollment status and create/disseminate logistics details to teacher registrants and FTE presenters for virtual programs.
- Provide contract support for FTE presenters and One Day co-sponsors as needed.
- Virtual Program Support – act as the FTE support staff during all virtual teacher programs (using Zoom conferencing platform), including One Day seminars, Workshops and Webinars. Verify attendance during virtual teacher programs and assist FTE presenters with questions or logistical issues as needed.
- Program Follow-Up – provide e-certificates and teacher stipends/prizes for eligible teacher attendees at virtual programs; update attendee status in Radius; track evaluations for co-sponsor payments for in-person One Day teacher programs.
- One Day teacher program packing/shipping assistance as needed.
- Development/Fundraising/Scholarship Support
- Assist with data analysis and reports for Development/Fundraising staff about teacher and student programs and attendees.
- Review all scholarship requests.
- Provide outreach to identify suitable candidates for scholarships as needed.
- Answer questions regarding student scholarships and travel details. Track and assist with logistical details associated with student scholarship recipients as needed.
- Provide research and support with the goal of reaching international students for scholarships.
- General Office Assistance
- Answer phones and respond to a variety of general information email inquiries.
- Assist staff with clerical duties.
- Place orders as needed for supplies, shipping requests.
- Inventory tracking assistance.
- Various other program logistics and office duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience (1+ years) with program and office support in a professional environment. Excellent communication skills in writing and proofreading.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products. Adobe Suite of products and cloud based CRM experience a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management skills necessary. High level of attention to detail very important. Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments a must.
- Self-starter and team player a must; ability to think creatively and implement new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Sympathetic to the mission of the organization.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS DESIRED
The person in this position must be organized and flexible; able to exercise initiative, accept and learn from correction; be attentive to detail; demonstrate a positive attitude; and work within a loosely structured environment with minimal supervision. The Foundation seeks individuals who are team players.
Stand for extended periods of time; lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a full-time permanent position of approximately 40 hours per week for a nonprofit foundation located in Davis, California. Work schedule is flexible. Preference given to employees in the Greater Sacramento area. Hybrid work options available after six months of service. Because of the nature of the business cycle, this position is occasionally called to work weekends and/or evenings.
FTE is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
FTE’s mission is to introduce young individuals to an economic way of thinking about national and international issues, and to promote excellence in economic education by helping teachers of economics become more effective educators. FTE is part of The Fund for American Studies, a nonprofit that sponsors educational programs in Washington, D.C., and abroad for undergraduate students with outstanding leadership potential. For more information, please visit DCinternships.org and TFAS.org.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.