Thank you for your interest in joining the TFAS team! This position is no longer available. Please visit TFAS.org/careers for our current openings.
TFAS is searching for a self-starting, creative thinker to join its communications team as a digital communications coordinator. Our ideal candidate enjoys collaborating with a small team, listens intently to information and task direction and follows projects through to completion. This person takes personal pride in and ownership of their work, is excited and motivated to learn new skills, is resourceful, and takes initiative to meet objectives. The role reports to the Marketing and Communications Director. The position is based in TFAS’s Washington, DC office. TFAS follows a hybrid working environment, with teammates working in the office at least three days per week.
- Attend TFAS student and supporter programs and events in the Washington, DC area such as guest lectures, site briefings and panels, to gather content and take photos and video for future communications
- Write compelling content for print and online newsletters, highlighting the stories of TFAS programs, events, students, alumni and supporters
- Format and publish content to TFAS.org website, following internal guidelines and digital best practices
- Format and publish weekly e-newsletter using TFAS.org website content and general marketing
- Collaborate across departments to gather content and information for news stories and general publications
- Support TFAS’s overall digital marketing strategy through executing social media content planning
- Support communications strategies through production of related print and online marketing materials as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree and 0-5 years of professional experience (internships may be considered experience)
- A compelling storyteller with excellent writing and presentation skills that can be tailored to various audiences
- Ability to research story topics and track down sources
- Willingness to work with a team as well as independently
- Strong grasp of branding and following style guides
- Ability to work on multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations and following projects through to completion
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Openness to explore other areas within the communications department to grow in the field and as a TFAS employee
- Candidates must have a commitment to ideas of limited government and free-market economy
- Ability to travel 5-10%
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Experience with HTML
- Experience with basic SEO best practices
- Experience with tools within Adobe Creative Suite, Canva or comparable design platform
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems
- Experience with Hubspot or other email marketing services
- Experience editing video and audio
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position/the mission of TFAS
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Director of Network Engagement of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.