Thank you for your interest in joining the TFAS Team! This position has been filled. To see current openings, please visit www.TFAS.org/Careers.
The director of strategic donor communications is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of TFAS’s donor communications strategy, including but not limited to: the direct mail program, email updates and fundraising, president’s office letters and other external facing donor communications. This role works with the chief development officer to employ a strategic plan encompassing all donor communications in order to create a compelling, effective and impactful donor messaging program. The ideal candidate is innovative, entrepreneurial and constantly seeking ways to improve processes. Ultimately, the director of strategic donor communications creates an exceptional experiences for TFAS donors in order to increase their connection to and investment in our work.
- Working collaboratively with the chief development officer and the marketing and communications department to develop and implement all internal and external communication strategies, including the following:
- Direct mail fundraising
- Email fundraising
- Event marketing
- Donor communications
- Create and manage a strategic plan to increase the TFAS donor base and our growing development efforts through prospecting and other channels
- Oversee and manage all vendors related to direct marketing, digital marketing and other channels of donor communications
- Develop and create compelling content and messaging for donor communications including the president’s office letter, monthly TFAS Talk email, quarterly donor newsletters and others as needed
- Work with the president and chief development officer to prepare and send correspondence for executive-level donor visits and meetings
- Consult with the communications and marketing department to ensure media relations plans and efforts have maximum impact on donor brand recognition and leverage earned media efforts in targeted fundraising markets
- Oversee creation of new development messaging and marketing products in partnership with internal marketing staff and creative design vendors as needed
- Some oversight and management of development operations staff
- Travel may rarely be required
Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for and alignment with the mission of TFAS
- Minimum of 5-plus years of experience in fundraising donor communications and direct marketing
- Knowledge of social and digital media marketing, as well as experience with web strategies preferred
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints
- Demonstrated success in managing fundraising and marketing campaigns and crafting compelling messaging
- Ability to anticipate challenges, take initiative and provide solutions to achieve department and organization objectives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and RE NXT or comparable CRM software strongly preferred
- An obsessive desire to win – you are frustrated with complacency
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of TFAS and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market.
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, executive director of Talent Market, at firstname.lastname@example.org.