Thank you for your interest in joining the TFAS team. This position is filled. To view our current opening, please visit TFAS.org/careers.
The donor relations assistant/associate is responsible for providing logistical and organizational support for the chief development officer and the president of The Fund for American Studies, as well as providing general support to the internal development operations team. The ideal candidate will be innovative and entrepreneurial. He/She will constantly seek ways to do things better and create exceptional experiences for TFAS donors in order to increase their connection to, and investment in, our work.
Remote work will not be considered. This position is based in Washington D.C.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the chief development officer
- Draft correspondence for current donors and prospective donors
- Research and identify prospective donors
- Assist chief development officer and director of strategic donor communications with an early-phase alumni program
- Create, update and maintain accurate database records for donor meetings
- Assist with setting donor meetings and travel planning
- Passion for and alignment with the mission of The Fund for American Studies
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints
- An obsessive desire to win; you are frustrated with complacency
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to anticipate challenges, take initiative and provide solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and RE NXT or comparable CRM software strongly preferred
- 1-2 years professional experience; in fundraising/development office strongly preferred
Please email cover letter, resume and 1-2 writing samples to:
Chief Development Officer
The Fund for American Studies
Subject: TFAS Development Assistant Role
mbagnoli@TFAS.org (no phone calls please)