All of us at TFAS are excited for a new batch of students arriving in June and even more excited to start recruiting mentors for the 2013 TFAS Mentor Program. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the formal mentor program that many students have claimed to be the favorite part of their summer. The TFAS Mentor Program is designed to provide TFAS students with a well-rounded Washington experience. By hand matching students with working professionals in their areas of interest, we’re able to give students another great contact for professional development, networking and overall advice during their time in D.C.
Do you want to help a student make the most out of their Washington, D.C. experience by being a mentor? Spread the word to friends and colleagues and sign up today!
Mentor Program Requirements
- Commitment to serve as a mentor during the eight week summer program (June 5 – Aug. 3)
- Willingness to meet face-to-face with your mentee at least once in June and once in July
- Ability to send an introductory email to your mentee, prior to arrival, and stay in touch throughout the program
- Must live or work in the D.C. metro area
- Must be a working professional
- Must possess two or more years of full-time experience OR be a TFAS alumnus
- April 26: Mentor Sign Up Deadline
- May 3, 7, & 10: Mentor Orientation Conference Calls (one is required for new mentors)
- Week of May 20: Mentor/Student Matching notifications sent by email
- June 5: Students arrive in Washington
- June 12, 13, & 17: “Meet Your Mentor” Breakfasts (Sign up will be at a later date)
- June 29: Saturday afternoon student BBQ on George Washington’s campus (optional)
- July 19: Washington Nationals baseball game (optional)
- Aug. 2: Graduation (optional)
How to Sign Up
- Returning mentors: https://s.zoomerang.com/s/RETURNINGmentorsignup
- New mentors: https://s.zoomerang.com/s/NEWmentorsignup
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact mentor@TFAS.orgor 202-986-0384.