Be on the lookout for this year’s Alumni Scholarship Campaign, TFAS is a Springboard, package in the mail!
The goal for 2010 is to grow the alumni donor number to 400 and double the number of alumni who gave last year. This year’s campaign was named after a brick that Michael Krempasky (E 97) donated in 2009 as part of the Building Future Leader’s campaign.
Krempasky’s brick, which was engraved with “TFAS is a Springboard,” served as a reminder that many alumni view TFAS as the jumping off point of their careers and that deserving students should have the same opportunities.
”Any amounts helps!” said director of alumni fundraising, Kristy Khachigian. “We are hoping to get alumni into the habit of giving to Alumni Scholarship Fund.”
Last month’s Money Bomb, a one day fundraising event, helped to kick off the TFAS is a Springboard campaign. In one day, almost 70 alumni gave a total of $4,000.
2010 also serves as the first year for team fundraising at TFAS. Through www.tfas.org/giveback, alumni can create teams to fundraise with old classmates, friends or family. In addition to team fundraising, alumni can donate via text message, online or by mailing a check. An automated monthly giving plan is also available; for more information on this option, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are giving levels for the 2010 campaign:
- First time contributors of $25 or more– Receive beach ball with TFAS logo
- First-time contributors of $50 or more – Receive TFAS t-shirt
- (Note: alumni from the class of 2006-2010 will also receive a TFAS t-shirt AND a beach ball when they donate)
- Alumni who donate between $100-$350 OR sign up for the automated monthly giving plan– Receive portfolio and pen with the TFAS logo
- Alumni who donate $350– Receive engraved brick at the entrance to the Center for Teaching Freedom
The TFAS is a Springboard campaign was created to encourage alumni to reflect on their TFAS experience, in the hopes that as they look back on its impact and would willing to give back.
CLICK HERE for more on the TFAS is a Springboard campaign.