The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) mission is to develop courageous leaders inspired and equipped to protect and advance the ideas of individual liberty, personal responsibility, and economic freedom in their communities and throughout the world. TFAS offers transformational programs that teach the principles of limited government, free-market economics, and honorable leadership to students and young professionals in America and around the world. TFAS programs inspire these future leaders to make a difference in their communities and throughout the world by upholding the values essential to the preservation and success of a free society.
About the Role
TFAS is looking for a Chief Development Officer to oversee targeted growth in line with the organization’s five-year strategic plan. This person will lead the development team in all aspects of fundraising operations to increase overall funding for the organization while maintaining their own focused portfolio of top major donors and prospects. The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of experience in development and major gifts fundraising. Additionally, they will have experience leading a team, strong interpersonal skills, and feel a strong commitment to free markets and economic liberty. They will also have the ability to travel approximately 30% of the time. This position is located at TFAS headquarters in Washington, DC, and will report to the Executive Vice President.
- Manage a team of eight full-time development staff
- Maintain a focused portfolio of top donors and prospects
- Oversee the completion of all development operations done by other members of the development team, including
- Department budget
- Programs and systems
- Donor communications (direct mail and digital)
- Handling of major gifts and foundations
- Donor event planning, execution, and follow-up
- Founders Society and Legacy Society donor clubs
- 10+ years of experience in development and major gifts fundraising
- Deep appreciation of and respect for America’s founding principles
- Strong commitment to free markets and economic liberty
- Team and project management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with a positive disposition
- A strong work ethic and an action-oriented approach to work
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Broad experience with development and fundraising
- Experience managing a development department
- Knowledge of CRMs and an understanding of best development practices
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Resume + Cover Letter (explaining why you are qualified for this position, your alignment with the organization’s mission, and your salary requirements) should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Lydia Ocampo, Outreach Specialist at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.