Thank you for your interest in joining the TFAS team. This position is no longer available. Visit TFAS.org/careers to view current openings.
The Continuing Education team at TFAS is dedicated to providing young professionals with exceptional learning experiences. For aspiring journalists, TFAS offers two prestigious fellowships: the Joseph Rago Memorial Fellowship for Excellence in Journalism and the Robert Novak Journalism Fellowship. Policy professionals in the Washington D.C. area are also invited to join the Public Policy Fellowship and the thought-provoking Future of Freedom Luncheon Forum. In collaboration with Liberty Fund, the Continuing Education team hosts dynamic Curriculum of Liberty Seminars for TFAS alumni, fostering their intellectual growth and professional development.
About the Role
As the Continuing Education Program Coordinator, you will be at the forefront of planning and executing top-notch Continuing Education events, while also lending support to the admission process for fellowship programs. Working closely with the Manager of Continuing Education Programs, you will ensure an enriching and engaging experience for participants.
Based in Washington D.C., this role offers the opportunity for some domestic travel and the chance to make a significant impact on the lives of young professionals in the fields of journalism and public policy.
- Program Operations & Educational Events (67%)
- Coordinate day-of logistics for monthly Public Policy Fellowship dinners and Future of Freedom Forum luncheons and prepare educational materials for events
- Plan and execute TFAS Curriculum of Liberty seminars, including drafting invitation letters, managing attendee acceptances, procuring educational materials, and overseeing the weekend-long seminars
- Organize engaging supplemental educational events, both online and in-person, to enhance the fellowship program experience
- Assist the Manager of Continuing Education Programs in scheduling and organizing fellowship events, from start to finish
- Maintain accurate records and manage databases of fellows, participants, and attendees, ensuring all information is up-to-date and easily accessible
- Act as a liaison between participants and the Manager of Continuing Education Programs, providing support and information as needed, and ensuring a smooth and positive experience for all
- Arrange for audio/visual and catering needs for events, ensuring a professional and enjoyable experience for all participants
- Support the creation and promotion of marketing materials to increase program visibility and showcase participant achievements and contributions through social media outreach effort
- Gather evaluations from participants and analyze the feedback to continuously improve the program structure and content
- Continuously seek new opportunities for improvement and implement new processes and procedures to enhance program operations and efficiencies
- Recruiting & Admissions (33%)
- Assist in fellowship recruitment by implementing various strategies, including personal outreach, group outreach, and conducting phone and Zoom calls with prospective applicants
- Continuously gather recommendations from management, alumni, and other teams to identify potential fellowship applicants and seminar participants
- Reach out to young alumni, identified through scholarship rolls and success in past programs, inviting them to attend seminars and apply for fellowship programs
- Represent the organization at student and young professional recruitment events and conferences, promoting fellowship programs and opportunities
- Provide guidance and support to prospective fellows during the application process, ensuring all materials are complete and accurate for evaluation
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of applicants for admission, as needed, and assist with conducting interviews
- Monitor and track the progress of recruitment efforts, analyzing data to continuously improve and maximize results
- Collaborate with the communications team to create and execute targeted recruitment campaigns to reach a wider audience
- Maintain accurate records and databases of applicants, fellows, and recruitment efforts, ensuring all information is up-to-date and easily accessible
- Communicate effectively with prospective fellows and applicants, providing information, answering questions, and addressing concerns in a timely manner
- A bachelor’s degree
- A strong interest in political philosophy, free-market economics, and journalism
- 1-2 years of experience in educational programs, event planning, or other related fields (internships may be considered experience)
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to find innovative solutions to challenges and continuously improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with a high level of adaptability and flexibility
- A self-starter attitude with a strong sense of initiative, drive, and commitment to achieve results
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines, with a high level of accountability and responsibility
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to produce clear, concise, and engaging communications
- A commitment to the mission and values of the organization, with a passion for promoting education and leadership in young professionals
- Event planning and coordination experience, with a track record of executing successful events on time, within budget, and to a high standard, preferred
- Experience designing and executing comprehensive marketing campaigns, using a variety of channels including email, social media, and online advertising, preferred
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Resume + Cover Letter (detailing your interest in the position, TFAS’s mission, and your salary requirements) should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Outreach Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: Stephanie@talentmarket.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.