TFAS high school division, the Foundation for Teaching Economics (FTE), is looking to add an experienced team member to support the FTE’s mission of providing professional development and educational programs to high school teachers and students nationwide. The coordinator, planning + outreach will assist with the planning and marketing of our flagship program, Economics for Leaders. This position is part-time, approximately 15-20 hours per week. The coordinator, planning + outreach will work under the supervision of the director, planning + outreach. Having experience with pre-college academic enrichment programs and/or professional development conferences is helpful.
- Planning + Logistics
- Event site logistics – manage contracts and needs with university partners including booking dorm rooms and meeting event space, arranging food and beverage service and meal plans, order audiovisual equipment and various campus access for program participants and staff
- Excursions – plan off site field trips for student groups in various cities around the country where FTE programs are taking place. Stay within budget and time constraints. Work with staff on site to ensure details are delivered
- Budget – assist with preparing budgets, providing periodic progress reports to staff for each site location, tracking even finances include check requests, invoicing, and reporting, as well as closing out all programs with partners as needed
- Various other program logistics and office duties as needed
- Communications + Marketing
- Coordinate enrolled participant communication and answer parent and student inquiries in advance of summer events
- Copywriting for various marketing initiatives, including but not limited to blog posts, print publications, website content, outreach campaigns
- Research new marketing initiatives and angles not yet pursued by the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience (3+ years) with copywriting and marketing initiatives in a professional environment. Excellent communication skills in writing and proofreading
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite of products. Adobe Suite of products and cloud based CRM experience a plus
- Strong organizational and project management skills necessary. High level of attention to detail very important. Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments a must
- Self-starter and team player a must; ability to think creatively and implement new ideas
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree
- Sympathetic to the mission of the organization
Personal Characteristics Desired
The person in this position must be organized and flexible; able to exercise initiative, accept and learn from correction; be attentive to detail; demonstrate a positive attitude; and work within a loosely structured environment with minimal supervision. The Foundation seeks individuals who are team players.
Stand for extended periods of time; Lift items weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a part–time permanent position of approximately 15-20 hours per week for a nonprofit foundation located in Davis, California. Work schedule is flexible. Preference given to employees in the Greater Sacramento area. Hybrid work options available. Because of the nature of the business cycle, this position is occasionally called to work weekends, evenings an/or more than 20 hours per week.
FTE is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
About the Organization
FTE’s mission is to introduce young individuals to an economic way of thinking about national and international issues, and to promote excellence in economic education by helping teachers of economics become more effective educators. FTE is part of the Fund for American Studies, a nonprofit that sponsors educational programs in Washington, D.C., and abroad for undergraduate students with outstanding leadership potential. For more information, please visit the websites DCinternships.org and TFAS.org.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.