Thank you for your interest in joining the TFAS team! This position is no longer available. Please visit TFAS.org/careers for our current openings.
The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) seeks a receptionist for its Northwest Washington, D.C., headquarters. Role will manage reception desk, telephone system and assist office manager with office and accounts payable duties. Will assist president, COO and development staff with administrative duties. Excellent verbal and writing skills, professional appearance and phone manner are a must. TFAS offers an attractive compensation package and a superb work environment.
Good entry level position in a Washington establishment to learn the workings of a foundation.
- Manage reception desk
- receive and distribute mail, packages and deliveries
- welcome guests and visitors
- receive and distribute faxes
- handle schedule for parking lots and weekly events calendar
- manage check log for incoming non-development checks
- Manage telephone system
- answer and direct incoming phone calls, check general voicemail box; set up extensions and voicemail as needed
- maintain phone extension list
- Assist with office/building management projects
- assist office manager with building maintenance vendors
- Perform administrative duties for the President and Chief Operating Officer
- take minutes at Board of Trustees meetings
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an efficient, well-organized manner
- Professional appearance
- Professional phone manner
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Send resume and cover letter to Rob Callahan, Vice President, Finance & Administration via fax 202-986-8930 or email at rcallahan@TFAS.org.