Applications Open – Apply by February 14, 2024
The TFAS Summer Law Fellowship in Washington, D.C., is an intensive nine-week program that aims to prepare law students to defend the values and ideals of a free society rooted in individual liberty, limited government, free enterprise and constitutional originalism.
Through this immersive academic and professional experience, participants will engage in legal internships, academic coursework, networking events and career development sessions, as well as a law and public policy lecture series with leading constitutional scholars, judges and practicing attorneys.
Those selected to participate in the Fellowship program will receive a full scholarship covering tuition, housing and program fees. Awards are highly selective – only 25 students are selected to participate each year.
Click here to see the 2023 Law Fellows.
The Fellowship consists of the following major components:
- Two credit hours of coursework on Constitutional Originalism and Law & Economics through the Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University
- Guest lectures and panel discussions on salient issues in law and policy
- Thoughts from the Bench discussion series with prominent federal judges
- Site briefings at key legal institutions and courts
- Professional development seminars and networking events to enhance your career prospects and help you graduate practice-ready
- Attorney Mentor Program designed to help students navigate the Washington legal community during and after the program
- Legal internships with private law firms, lobbying firms, public interest legal organizations and legal departments of trade associations, corporations and government agencies throughout the Washington, D.C., area. (Fellows are encouraged to find their own legal internship, but TFAS staff is available to assist those not able to secure a position on their own)
2024 Program Important Dates
Application Deadline: February 14, 2024
Selection Notification Deadline: March 1, 2024
Enrollment Deadline: March 13, 2024
Program Dates: May 26 – July 26, 2024
Application and Admissions
Applications for the 2024 TFAS Summer Law Fellowship are now open. The deadline to apply is February 14, 2024. Selected fellows will be notified via email on March 1, 2024.
Please see the Admissions tab to the right for more information on application requirements, instructions, and policies.
Questions about the Summer Law Fellowship may be directed to TFAS staff at legal@TFAS.org.
The TFAS law program was an incredible opportunity that allowed me to experience the exciting and high-stakes world of Washington, D.C., while also studying core issues of constitutional interpretation and the intersection between law and economics. The classroom experience is top-notch and allowed me to explore subjects that are not taught at my law school.” – Andrew Watkins, Law ’17
University of Kentucky College of Law
Intern, Office of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell