Thank you for your interest in joining the TFAS Team! This position is currently filled. Please check TFAS.org/careers for available opportunities.
The Fund for American Studies is seeking a Recruitment, Admissions and Program Operations associate to join its team in Washington, D.C. This position is responsible for assisting in recruitment, admissions and operations projects for D.C.-based academic internship programs for undergraduate students interested in careers in government, public policy, journalism and the nonprofit sector, as well as for first and second year law students.
- Assist with outreach initiatives to strengthen recruitment partnerships with colleges and universities as well as student and faculty organizations
- Manage and write content for recruitment blog and website
- Contribute to social media postings on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Draft student and faculty correspondence
- Assist with marketing mail and email campaigns
- Manage database of recruitment contacts
- Plan and staff recruitment conferences and college campus visits
- Communicate with prospective applicants and enrolled students via phone and email
- Process student application materials utilizing online CRM
- Coordinate visa application process with George Mason University for international students attending all institutes
Tuition Payment Counseling
- Process student tuition payments, using QuickBooks Pro software
- Assist students in seeking out funding options
- Plan briefings, social activities and other special events for students
- Coordinate program logistics, including student event scheduling app, informational documents and university course registration
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Experience level desired – entry to 2 years. The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication, organizational and office skills
- An interest in student programming with an emphasis on free-market education
- A command of the Microsoft Office Suite and a desire to learn new software platforms
- Experience using social media in a professional setting
- A willingness to work in a team environment and independently
About The Organization
The Fund for American Studies is a nonprofit organization that sponsors educational institutes in Washington, D.C. and abroad for undergraduate and law students with outstanding leadership potential. The programs have a focus on free-market education. For more information, please visit www.TFAS.org and www.DCinternships.org.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Mary Stankus, Recruitment and Admissions Director, at DCprograms@TFAS.org with “Recruitment & Admissions” in the subject line.