The Kevin Burket Alumni Service Award was renamed in honor of the late, dear friend of TFAS, Kevin Burket ’85. Kevin passed away on Sept. 1, 2007, after a brief battle with cancer. Kevin brought a ready smile, caring personality and passion for the TFAS mission whenever he attended any event, meeting or other TFAS activity.
This annual award is given to an alumnus/a who has exemplified a commitment to TFAS by volunteering his/her time in an effort to enhance and further the mission of TFAS. The recipient of this award has contributed greatly to increasing the value of TFAS programs and the principles imparted to our students.
To learn more about the life and legacy of Kevin, please visit TFAS.org/news/Burket.
- The recipient must be an alumnus/a of at least one TFAS program.
- The recipient must volunteer a considerable amount of time to TFAS either by recruiting students for program participation, serving in the alumni mentoring program or providing internships for students.
- The recipient has not previously received an award in this category.
- The recipient must be able to attend the award ceremony.
Past recipients include:
- Kevin Burket ’85
- Karen Czarnecki ’88
- Peter Feldman ’04, ’07
- Bob Greene ’72
- Ron Hart ’81
- Mark Johnson ’86, ’87
- Kenneth Klatt ’70
- Davor Kunc ’02, ’04, ’05
- John J. Lee ’85
- Johnathan Lozier ’08, PPF ’13
- Hon. Daniel McConchie ’93, ’95
- Mark Schoeff Jr. ’89
- Erin Slater ’99
- Mark Stansberry ’76
- John Sweda ’97
- Betsy Welch ’05
- Andrew Powaleny ’08, PPF ’11