The Kevin Burket Alumni Service Award was renamed in honor of the late, dear friend or TFAS, Kevin Burket (ICPES 85). Kevin passed away on September 1 , 2007 after a brief battle with cancer. Kevin brought a ready smile, caring personality and passion for the TFAS mission whenever he attended any event, meeting or other TFAS activity.
This annual award is given to an alumnus/a who has exemplified commitment to TFAS for American Studies by volunteering their time in an effort to enhance and further the mission of TFAS. The recipient of this award has contributed greatly to increasing the value of TFAS programs and the principles imparted to our students.
To learn more about the life and legacy of Kevin, please visit TFAS.org/news/Burket.
- The recipient must be an alumnus/a of at least one TFAS program.
- The recipient must volunteer a considerable amount of time to TFAS either by recruiting students for program participation, serving in the alumni mentoring program or providing internships for students.
- The recipient has not previously received an award in this category.
- The recipient must be able to attend the award ceremony.
Past recipients include:
- 2015: Mark Schoeff Jr. (IPJ 89)
- 2014: Betsy Bryant (IBGA 05)
- 2013: Peter Feldman (IPVS 04, LSI 07)
- 2012: Daniel McConchie (IPJ 93, AIPES 95)
- 2011: Ron Hart (ICPES 81)
- 2010: John Sweda (ICPES 97)
- 2009: Davor Kunc (AIPES 02, IIPES 04, ICPES 05)
- 2008: John Lee (ICPES 85)
- 2007: Mark Stansberry (ICPES 76)
- 2006: Kevin Burket (ICPES 85)
- 2005: Mark Johnson (IPJ 86)
- 2004: Bob Greene (ICPES 72)
- 2003: Karen Czarnecki (ICPES 88) & Erin Slater (IPVS 99)