The Young Alumnus Award is given to an alumnus/a who is 30 years of age or younger and has shown great promise in their professional field and/or volunteered considerable time to TFAS or community service. The recipient of this award embodies the values, ideals and potential of an alumnus/a of one of the TFAS programs.
- The recipient must be an alumnus/a of at least one TFAS program.
- The recipient must be 30 years of age or younger.
- The recipient should show great promise or have identifiable accomplishments in their chosen profession or has exemplified commitment to the Fund through fundraising, recruitment of students or volunteering their time to further the mission of the organization.
- The recipient must be able to attend the award ceremony.
Past recipients include:
- 2015: Andrew Christianson (IBGA 04, AIPE 05), U.S. House of Representatives
2013: Rodney Hughes (ICPES 04, IIPES 05)
- 2012: Jessica Taylor (IPJ 05), NPR
- 2011: Lauren Crawford (ICPES 04), Locust Street Group
- 2010: Mary Ellen Burke (IPJ 05)
- 2009: Alissa Swango (IPJ 00, IIPES 02), National Geographic
- 2008: Will Weatherford (IBGA 02), Former Florida State Legislature Representative
- 2007: Mercedes Stephenson (IPJ 02), The Underground Royal Commission Investigates