The Public Policy Fellows program is a year-long networking and education program for TFAS alumni designed to develop young leaders with a shared commitment to improving public policy.
The fellowship program is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2017. To read about this milestone year and meet the current fellows, please click here.
The goal of the fellowship program is to provide events that allow young alumni to:
- Develop strong connections with other alumni working in public policy
- Network with key public policy leaders and journalists
- Participate in academic discussion sessions led by TFAS faculty
- Enhance their professional development through skills-based sessions
All applicants must:
- Be an alumnus of one of The Fund for American Studies programs
- Work in the field of public policy
- Be committed to the ideals of free markets and limited government
- Live and work in the Washington, D.C. area.
It is recommended that applicants have at least 1–2 years of work experience, but anyone with a strong resume will be considered.
APPLICATION DETAILS & DEADLINES
Applications for the 2017-18 fellows program are currently closed. Applications typically open in June and close in August each year. For more information, contact Brenda Hafera at bhafera@TFAS.org.
2017–18 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
Orientation and Welcome Dinner
Tuesday, Sept. 12
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Monthly Speaker Events
6:30 – 8 p.m.
Nov. 14, 2017
Dec. 12, 2017
Jan. 9, 2018
March 13, 2018
April 10, 2018
May 8, 2018
Feb. 10, 2018
Holiday Open House